My name is Agnese, i was born in Italy and i'm a PROUD ITALIAN FOOD BLOGGER. Check out my traditional Italian recipes on my blog! Enjoy Italy!

Italian De Cecco Spaghetti Carbonara



Well now.

The holidays are approaching, and this weekend some of my Italian relatives have decided to come see me, which is why I decided to make them a classic Italian: De Cecco spaghetti alla carbonara. This time I decided to follow the recipe recommended by my cousin Marco who lives in Rome and he is a good Italian food eater. He found the recipe in Trastevere Market in Rome on the back of a premium pack of De Cecco pasta, the famous Italian pasteria. 


Cooking time is about 15 minutes all and it's very easy. The result was delicious, and I have shown to my family who are still able to cook Italian and I have not forgotten my origins!

Difficulty: Easy 
Cooking time: 10 min 
Preparation time: 15 min 
Serves: 4 people 
Cost: very low


Italian De Cecco Spaghetti Carbonara



You will need:
  • Italian De Cecco Premium Spaghetti
  • Bacon
  • 4 egg yolks + 1 whole
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Pepper

Step By Step Preparation 

I know what you are thinking….Italian De Cecco Spaghetti? Where do I get that? Honestly, I do not know. I got mine at the Hershey Park and it’s To. Die. For. You can sub for whatever non DeCecco pasta. But then they will just be “simple spaghetti carbonara” . Sad. (update: psst, just found it on Amazon )




To prepare the De Cecco spaghetti alla carbonara put a saucepan containing plenty of water, to a boil, moderately salty again, in view of the fact that the pasta has a very tangy sauce with bacon and cheese. In the meantime, cut the bacon into small cubes or strips (1), put it in a non-stick pan without adding oil and leave it on the fire until the fat becomes transparent and slightly crispy (2-3), and then remove from heat and let cool slightly.





Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl (4-5) then add the cheese (6) and ground pepper (to taste)





Mix well all with the aid of a whip (7-8), and add the bacon (9).





Dropped the De Cecco pasta Premium (10) and, when ready, drain it and pour it into the bowl (11) and mix it together with the previously prepared sauce (12). Serve the spaghetti alla carbonara immediately and if necessary, add more cheese and black pepper.

Buon appetito!

Nessun commento

Posta un commento

Powered by Blogger.