My name is Agnese, i was born in Italy and i'm a PROUD ITALIAN FOOD BLOGGER. Check out my traditional Italian recipes on my blog! Enjoy Italy!

Original Italian Castagnaccio recipe


Each region makes it his own way.
Every family does it in his own way.
Even my mom did. She wanted to be more "Tuscan" and try the recipes of the region, but I do not appreciated because of the very particular taste. We're talking about chestnut flour, intense, sweetish, who loves her, who hates her. Now that I'm an adult, or who are aged (!) I appreciate the 100% and I tried to go back to a balance of doses that would satisfy me. I made at least a dozen, segnandomi every time corrections until you get to what I propose.
For my taste, the chestnut should not be dry and crisp but dry on the surface, well cracked and morbidino inside. I eliminated the raisins and pine nuts and open the door to Rosemary who, I swear, it gives you a perfume dream.
Then everyone has their own taste, of course, but where you do not compromise on the flour and height.
The best meal in my opinion is that of Mount Amiata (GR), sweet, light-colored and with regard to the height, to me, should not exceed one centimeter.

Ingredients

Use a pan 21 cm

250 g chestnut flour of excellent quality
200 ml milk
200 ml water
1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
rosemary pine nuts

1 pinch of salt


Preparation

Sift the chestnut flour with the salt in a large bowl. Pour in the milk and water, stirring with a whisk. Oil a piece of paper towel and wipe it several times in the pan without forgetting the edges.

Pour the mixture and once the oven has reached the temperature, sprinkle with pine nuts and a few leaves of rosemary. Bake for about 30 min at 180 °. I rule with cracks: as soon as they were formed very obvious is ready.



Nessun commento

Posta un commento

Powered by Blogger.