I have been so obsessed with pesto since making my linguine dish the other night. So, I decided to make a pesto pizza and it was amazing! Jerome and I ate one pizza each. I had so much basil in my teeth that it seriously looked like I has just eaten Shrek. Basically, I just threw on what fresh toppings would compliment the sauce. If you love pesto-y goodness, then try it for yourself!
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (what is this?)
1/3 cup pine nuts
4 cups basil leaves
1/2 small lemon, juiced
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon pine nuts
handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds
1/4 purple onion, thinly sliced
10 kalamata olives
2 large pizza bases (30cm)
fresh basil leaves to garnish
drizzle of olive oil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and oil or add baking paper to two pizza trays.
- In a food processor, add all sauce ingredients and process until the sauce is smooth.
- Distribute sauce over two pizza bases until covered evenly.
- Scatter purple onion over the pizza. Follow with cherry tomatoes, olives and pine nuts.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the pizzas are browning around the edges.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves and olive oil if needed. Enjoy