Mint Chip Sugar Cookies
Melt in your mouth sugar cookies filled with irresistible mint chips! Sure to please a crowd and thankfully are quicker than decorating traditional sugar cookies.
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. peppermint extract
- a few drops of green green food coloring (I used about 3 drops, use how many you want to make the cookies the color green you like)
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 oz. Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar for about three minutes. It should be fluffy.
- Add eggs, green food coloring and peppermint extract. Cream for another 2-3 minutes.
- Measure dry ingredients in a separate bowl or sifter. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add mint and chocolate chips. Gently stir to until incorporated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop cookies using a 2 Tablespoon size cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch for the cookies to begin cracking. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to cookie rack and finish cooling.
- Note: If you choose to use a smaller cookie scoop reduce baking time to 8 minutes.